Saturday, April 16, 2011

What I think about Jillian Michaels and the 30 Day Shred, part 1

Well, after three babies, three months of severe back pain, and three weeks of chiropractic care, I have decided to take Jillian Michaels up on the shred again.  I have never completed thirty consecutive days of this workout, but strengthening my core will obviously help my back.  I had done the first seven weeks of P90X at the end of last year, and kudos to all my mommy-friends who are able to complete the whole ninety days.  For me, I found that while I enjoyed the exercise, it was challenging to sometimes have to listen to my baby crying for me while I completed such a long workout.  After P90X, I was sure that the shred would not do anything for me, but I know I need to try.  I started yesterday and have set goals for myself. 

1. I will do the 30 minute complete workout daily for thirty days.
2. I will walk to drop Lucas off and pick him up daily (2 mile (total) walk, 5 days a week)
3. I will drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
4. I will relax in the evenings with stretching or yoga
5. I will cut back on my dessert intake

Day 1 (4/15/11) Review:
The workout was more intense than I remembered, but I love the length.  It's doable for a mommy of three.  I was super sore this morning and didn't want to get out of bed ... I had forgotten about my 30-minute workout from yesterday, and once I realized that's why I was sore, I liked Jillian a little more.

1 comment: