Saturday, September 25, 2010

Meal Planning

When I plan my family's meals there are a few things I like to take into account.  First of all, I love cooking, but I cannot be overly ambitious because I have three kids aged five and younger.  Second, I like to keep meals healthy.  Third, we will eat leftovers once a week for dinner and often for lunch.  And fourth, no matter how much I'm craving steak, if it's not a good price we will not eat it! 

At least once a week I like to plan a meal that the kids can help with.  If we are home on a Friday night that is generally when such a meal is prepared.  Keeping these things in mind, here is our meal plan for the next two weeks.

Saturday: red beans (with sausage) and rice with cornbread
Sunday: Artichoke and Mushroom Chicken with sauteed spinach
Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, focaccia and caesar salad
Tuesday: Skillet Chicken with Lemon, broccoli
Wednesday: Jerk Chicken and Caribbean Slaw
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Fajitas and Beans
Saturday: Balsamic Braised Chicken with pasta and salad
Sunday: Baked BBQ chicken, homemade mac and cheese and a veggie (yet to be determined)
Monday: Italian Meatloaf and sauteed veggies
Tuesday: Grilled Shrimp skewers and veggies on the grill
Wednesday: Chuck wagon Chili with chips and cheese
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Homemade pizza and Sensation Salad

Bethany and I will also bake some pumpkin muffins this week, because even though it's 96 degrees outside, it is fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment